Austin Community College IMPACT Lab
Building Austin’s Manufacturing Ecosystem
Austin Community College District’s Innovative Manufacturing Partnerships Accelerating Central Texas (IMPACT) Lab is a business incubator that prepares aspiring manufacturers and established entrepreneurs for success in one of our city’s rapidly growing industries. Funded in part by the Economic Development Administration’s (EDA) Regional Innovation Strategies (RIS) program, this 5,000-square-foot facility is Austin’s first innovation center focused on physical product development and manufacturing.
IMPACT Lab fosters connections between manufacturers, students, graduates, university researchers, entrepreneurs, and investors. It offers real-world learning experiences for students enrolled in ACC’s advanced manufacturing programs and is home to the college’s Advanced Manufacturing Academy — a high school dual credit program. By galvanizing these connections, IMPACT Lab ensures the region’s manufacturing industry continues to grow, lead, and reduce the cost and barriers to entry for physical product innovation.
The IMPACT Lab is looking for innovative, digital-ready small and midsize manufacturers. The lab provides the space and resources you need to develop and iterate your physical prototypes.
As a manufacturing member, you will have access to:
- Computer Workstations with CAD/CAM Software
- Workbench space for prototype assembly and testing.
- 3D Printers (plastic)
- Laser Cutting, Etching, and Engraving Systems
- Multi-Axis CNC Milling for a variety of materials
- Electronics workstations for soldering, testing, and validation
- Referrals for outsourced PCB, metal printing, and other specialty fabrication services.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through Austin Technology Incubator (ATI), our incubation partner. Please make sure to include your prototyping needs in your ATI application.
The IMPACT Lab is home to a variety of educational programs designed to sharpen your skills, strengthen your resumé, and provide a pipeline of talent for Austin’s manufacturing industry which continues to grow. We can help take your career to the next level.
Students in the Advanced Manufacturing and Architecture & Engineering CAD programs may access equipment (3D Printers, Power Tools, and Laser Cutters) in the Lab. YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR A CLASS IN THE CURRENT SEMESTER AND TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE EQUIPMENT USE.
To schedule equipment, use, and training follow the link or scan the QR Code below:
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM