Landpoint is currently looking for an employee with high integrity and an excellent attention to detail in order to fill a position as a GIS Analyst in our Fort Worth or Houston, TX office. You must be very familiar with the ArcGIS suite.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on the business needs of the company. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Interpret various types (oil, gas, water, electric, etc.) of As-Builts and extract necessary data for placement into a Geodatabase.
- Develop and improve various GIS databases through map preparation, data entry, digitizing, editing and quality control techniques.
- Train and assist GIS users in defining needs and developing GIS applications.
- Identify and develop processes to automate data collection, data integration, and updates.
- Continuing research in current literature, trends, and development in the field of GIS.
- Update and maintain database models to ensure accurate representation of the systems.
- Assist in assessing GIS project needs, develop conceptual design, and plan implementation.
- Document metadata, workflows, requirements, and data conversion specifications.
- Ability to work with various GIS and CAD data formats and perform data conversions and clean-up needed for GIS projects.
- Assist GIS Supervisor in all phases of development, including: needs analysis, requirements definition, application and database design, data development, application programming, installation, quality control, user training, acceptance testing, and system rollout.
- Develop GIS deliverables, such as spatial data, cartographic maps, and GIS spatial analyses.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in GIS, GIST, Geography, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 3 years of hands-on GIS experience, including spatial data editing, cartographic output production, spatial analysis and spatial data management.
- Demonstrated strong technical expertise in GIS, Geo-Information management, and related technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior use of GIS, GPS, and ESRI suite of software including ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Online.
- Knowledge of GNSS GPS Survey collection methods
- Working knowledge of Safe Software FME
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro 2.1 or higher
- Ability and desire to learn new techniques and software
- ARC Online Web Applications
Click HERE to apply!